Saturday 12 February 2011

3G HSPA Broadband in South Algoma and West Sault

I have received reports that the Northland Consultant team has been extremely busy installing external Yagi style antennas and connecting them to customer provided Bell or Rogers data hubs. My understanding is they have done installations on St. Joseph Island, on the mainland along the St Joseph North Channel, the area north of Bruce Mines towards Rydal Bank, Echo Lake Road area and the area south of the SSM airport.

Once set-up, speed tests show a 3-5 Mbps download and 2-4 Mbps upload. I guess I had better be like the ISPs and state that these are samples only and your actual statistics may vary due to terrain, weather, local situation and other acts of the technology gods.

If you are near any Bell or Rogers cell site and want broadband (high speed Internet), you may want to give this a try.

For more information about HSPA broadband, see my blog entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment